Wellington Apartments
from aptfinder.org
Print This Page
Back to List

4239 84th Street NE
Marysville, WA 98270 (map)
Snohomish County

Property Category:


Properties for Individuals and Families

These properties have open eligibility in that they do not restrict occupancy to a particular age population (seniors) or disabled households. Most properties will require that the head of household be over the age of 18 or an emancipated minor. The number of persons in an apartment will be restricted to bedroom size, in most cases, and a few properties have set-aside certain units within their property for seniors and/or persons with a disability. Single persons, roommates, couples and families are welcome at these properties- unless otherwise indicated on the listing.

Please call the MAIN CONTACT on each property listing for specific program or property eligibility.

Approximate Wait:
Over a year

Availability Detail:

Waitlist length, as of November 2020, is:

  • 1 bedroom apartment - 3 years or more - for households with 1 to 3 persons
  • 2 bedroom apartment - 1 year or more - for households with 2 to 5 persons
  • 3 bedroom apartment - 3 year or more - for households with 3 to 7 persons
  • Applicants will be added to all waitlists for which their household composition qualifies. Waitlist placement is prioritized by date of receipt of application and income level, with Very Low prioritized over Low. Priority for accessible units, when available, is given to persons who require additional accessibility features.

    36 of our 68 apartments are set aside for Low-Income "Senior/Disabled" households, 32 "Family" apartments are available to any Low-Income household.

    Special Eligibility:

    To qualify for this project, your household must have Low or Very Low income (see further notes below). 36 of our 1 and 2 bedroom apartments are set aside for Senior or Disabled Households, in which at least one of the adult applicants must be either 62, or older, or be disabled.

    Subsidy is available for 65 out of 68 units at this property through the USDA Rental Assistance Program. Subsidy is frequently available for a new move-in, but if it is not, it will be assigned to current residents first, when it becomes available. 


    Wellington Apartments is close to bus stops, schools, shopping centers, churches, clinics and childcare centers, with convienient access to I-5, yet located away from busy streets.

    Main Contact for Inquires and Application

    Name: Rebecca Raines Phone: (360) 658-7565
    Title: Community Manager Fax: (360) 653-3605
    Company: Michaels Management Affordable Living TDD: Call 711 for free relay service
    Address: 4239 84th St NE Email: wellington@tmo.com
    Marysville, WA 98270 Website: https://www.liveatwellingtonhomes.com/
    Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
    Management Contact

    Name: Michaels Management Affordable Living Phone: 253-240-0700
    Title: Property Management Fax:
    Company: Email:
    Address: 612 Harrison St Suite # 201 Website: www.tmo.com
    Sumner, WA 98390

    Program Type(s)

    Properties that offer USDA Rental Assistance Project-Based (RA) subsidized apartments

    USDA Rental Assistance Project - Based (RA) subsidized apartments

    These properties are privately owned rental housing financed through the USDA Rural Housing Service Rental Assistance program. If the Department of Agriculture provides subsidies directly to the property through a Rental Assistance contract, the property owner applies those subsidies to the rents he/she charges income eligible households. Unlike the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program, Rental Assistance (RA) subsidy is not portable or transferrable. It stays with the property.

    With USDA Rental Assistance subsidy, your rent will be approximately 30 % of your adjusted monthly income as long as you qualify. Often however, Rental Assistance (RA) is not available for every unit at the property. If an applicant is not qualified for Rental Assistance or Rental Assistance is not available at move-in, your rent will be 30% of your income, however the lowest you will pay is the property's Base rent and the highest you will pay is the property's Note rate rent. If you move-in without RA subsidy, but income-qualify for it, you may be placed on a waiting list for RA subsidy at that property depending upon need. Applicants for these properties need to qualify between the USDA Very Low (50%) and the USDA Moderate (80%) adjusted income limits. In general, USDA properties can accept applicants at a higher income level than most HUD programs allow, and give a preference to lower income applicants.

    Please call the MAIN CONTACT on each property listing for specific program or property eligibility.

    Properties that Accept Housing Authority provided Tenant-Based Vouchers

    Properties that accept Tenant-Based Housing Authority Provided Vouchers

    Properties in this category are private or publically owned properties that accept applicants with a Housing Authority provided Housing Choice Section 8 voucher or certificate. You must first have applied and received a voucher through your local housing authority program. You should contact your city or county Housing Authority directly for an application for their voucher/subsidy program.

    All properties listed on our site that do not have Project-Based subsidy through another government program will take a Section 8 voucher. Vouchers are portable and transferrable because they stay with the household, not the property, once you move out of the property. Then you can take your voucher to a property that accepts them and receive a subsidized rent.

    With a voucher or certificate, you will generally only pay 30% of your monthly household income for rent. Maximum rent amounts that the owner can charge are designated by the Federal Government and income limits apply. If an owner wishes to charge more than the maximum rent authorized by the housing authority, the tenant may be asked to pay all or part of the difference.

    Please call the MAIN CONTACT on each property listing for specific program or property eligibility.

    Properties that offer Washington State Housing Tax Credit Affordable apartments (non-subsidized)

    Properties that offer Washington State Housing Tax Credit Affordable apartments (non-subsidized)

    These properties have entered into a long term contract with the Washington State Housing Finance Commission to keep rents affordable to low income households for at least 21 years. In exchange for their commitment, owners of Tax Credit properties (LIHTC) are able to reduce their IRS tax assessment as long as qualified families are placed in their apartments and remain income qualified.

    These properties do not have Project-Based subsidy, so unless there is another subsidy program "layered" into a Tax Credit property, or you have a Housing Authority Section 8 Voucher, your rent will not be subsidized. The rent you will qualify for at these properties are restricted by HUD rent limits and will depend upon your annual income level. These are called income set-asides. The property may have rent ranges, lowest to highest, but a family in a higher income level may not qualify for the lowest rent level. There may also be some other set asides at the property, called occupancy set asides, such as for large families, disabled households or farm labor households. Properties with these types of set asides would give preference for rents and units to households that qualify.

    Waiting lists can also vary greatly at these properties. There are often much longer wait times for the lower rent amounts and may be no wait at all for the higher rent amounts at the property. In addition, often your annual income level may determine which unit you will qualify for. This can also effect the time you may need to wait for a unit to become available.

    For example,
    Let's say a property has a Tax Credit income set aside of 30% units at a rent of $350 per month. That rent is only available if your gross annual income is less than, for example, $15,000 per year. If all of the 30% units are currently occupied, your household could not immediately move-in to a 30% unit. You may have to either wait for a 30% unit to become available, or, if you can afford a higher rent, you can move-in more quickly.

    Tax Credit properties usually have more than one income set aside, so units are generally offered at varying rents between 30%-80% area median income. They will also generally have a minimum monthly income requirement, such as 2x the amount of the rent.

    Please call the MAIN CONTACT on each property listing for specific program or property eligibility.

    Other Program Details:

    We can accept alternate voucher sources for units without USDA Rural Rental Housing Subsidy available at move-in, however as noted previously, we do generally have rental assistance available at move-in and we do have a long wait.

    Please note that if offered a unit with USDA RD subsidy and the unit is declined, the applicant will be removed and will need to reapply.

    Income Limit Category: Very Low, Low, Other
    Income Limit Details:

    Moderate Limit with preference to Very Low/Low per USDA; capped at 60% Snohomish county area median income limits


    Cable TV Hookup
    Play Area
    Community Room
    Deck or Patio
    Laundry Room on Property
    Off Street Parking
    Utilities Included

    Handicap Accessible Units
    Property offers Wheelchair Accessible Apartments

    These properties offer apartments that are accessible to persons in wheelchairs or have features desirable and useful to persons in wheelchairs or with mobility impairments. Some properties have apartments that are fully accessible and some have apartments that have been adapted to include accessible features. In accordance with the Fair Housing Act and ADA, all properties that are not specifically exempt will have common areas, pathways and offices that are accessible, or must make arrangements at the property to accommodate persons with mobility impairments. Accessible apartment features vary from property to property, but may include one or more of the following features:
    Walk in showers or adapted bath tubs
    Grab bars
    Hand held Shower
    Widened doorways and larger rooms
    Lowered cabinets and countertops
    Accessible countertops and sink
    Accessible appliances
    Levered door and faucet handles
    Accessible switches and plugs
    Lowered peep holes in doors
    Hard flooring (non-carpeted)
    Visible doorbells, smoke detectors, braille signage and documents

    Please call the MAIN CONTACT on each property listing for specific accessibility features available at the property and in the apartments.

    Proximity to transit: Under 1/4 Mile

    Other Amenities:

    Water, sewer, garbage included for all residents, power paid for residents of the Senior/Disabled apartments; residents of Family apartments receive a utility allowance.

    Background Screening Information

    Accepting Comprehensive Re-usable Tenant Screening Reports
    Not Accepting Comprehensive Re-usable Tenant Screening Reports

    Screening Information and Cost (If Any):

    Screening provided by outside screening company; fee for screening is $14.00 per household member 18 and over.

    A comprehensive re-usable tenant screening report (portable report) means a tenant screening report, prepared by a consumer reporting agency at the direction of and paid for by the prospective tenant, and made available directly to a prospective landlord at no charge. Reports are re-usable for 30 days for multiple landlords.

    In accordance with Senate Bill 6413 effective 6/9/2016, landlords have the option to either accept or not accept portable reports, and the landlords decision must be included in the landlord’s posted rental criteria.

    If the landlord indicates its willingness to accept a comprehensive reusable tenant (portable) screening report, the landlord may access the landlord's own tenant screening report, regarding a prospective tenant, as long as the prospective tenant is not charged for the landlord's own tenant screening report.

    Bedroom Sizes and Rent Structure

    These rent amounts are generally the lowest and highest rents currently reported at this property. Please call the main contact listed above for details and requirements.

    # of Bedrooms
    Rent Range
    # of units
    1 Bedroom$806
    $83436 Unit(s) 
    2 Bedrooms$881
    $92528 Unit(s) 
    3 Bedrooms$953
    $9814 Unit(s) 

    Total Units:Directly Subsidized (Project-Based) Units:
    68 Units65 Units

    Rent Detail:

    Rents shown are for unsubsidized units. Subsidy is available for 65 out of 68 units at this property through the USDA Rental Assistance Program.

    Subsidy is often available for a new move-in.

    This subsidy is built into the property. You will only pay 30% of your income for rent in a subsidized unit or between the rents listed, up to the highest rent, if the apartment does not have suibsidy, or you do not qualify based on income.

    Because residents of the 32 Family apartments pay for electric service, a utility allowance based on the unit size is deducted from the 30% to determine the rent amount to be paid, when subsidy is available. Residents of the 36 Senior/Disabled apartments do not pay for electricity service and therefore do not receive a utlily allowance. Call the property for details.

    Equal Housing Opportunity -

    USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2) fax: 202-690-7442; or

    (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

    This Page was Last Updated June 22, 2022

    AptFinder.org does not provide personalized housing locator services. Properties listed with us have not been inspected by us and although we do our best to keep information current and accurate, we do not take responsibility for management of the properties or accuracy on the information provided on our listings. Please make sure you read over the listings carefully. If you need more information regarding the property, please contact the main contact listed on their page directly. Aptfinder.org is a 501c3 Non -Profit corporation developed and supported by AHMA of WA - Affordable Housing Management Association, ARHC of WA - Affordable Rural Housing Council and our many listing properties.

    ©2013 aptfinder.org, a non-profit corporation of Multifamily Affordable Properties (MAP)